The fort of Walem is part of the old fortifications around Antwerp that was built from 1859 until 1914.
After the two world wars the fort becomes a station for the “civiele bescherming” a special force to help in times of disasters. Reminders of this are more than 250.000 German made gasmasks lying all over the place.
Visited at night on a recent trip.
Tags: Photo journalism
Flash and lighting
RysiekJan, mrswoolybill, buxton and 5 more