Back Versions (9)
Modifications (1)
Views 55 Unique 40
Vote 18
Award Shortlist   

You might get a bit damp

By nellacphoto  
From our trip, with Laura, to Canada 3 years ago, our day trip to Niagara Falls

Anyone who has been on one these Hornblower (Canadian side) or Maid of the Mist (American side) boats will know of the sheer exhilaration as you get close to the falls

Let alone the inevitable soaking you will get (despite the free flimsy sou'westers you are given), the thundering noise of the waters is something to behold
Mobile phone footage explaining my point ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vyHQBEBaQk&feature=youtu.be

Colin Smile



Tags: Waterfalls Niagara falls Maid of the mist Landscape and travel Hornblower

Voters: Alan_Baseley, IainHamer, wenga2645 and 15 more


Regatta Offer: Save 15% With Code 15OFF

Comments


25 Apr 2020 7:52AM
Good viewpoint & great image
25 Apr 2020 7:53AM
Great set.
25 Apr 2020 8:52AM

Quote:Good viewpoint & great image


Equally good viewpoint from down here Brian ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vyHQBEBaQk&feature=youtu.be

Decided not to take my good camera gear on the boat, so we just used our mobile phones to film, housed in waterproof casings!

Colin Smile
25 Apr 2020 10:28AM
Wow, what a great lead image, Colin, that and the last one are my favourites today. Smile

JohnSmile
25 Apr 2020 10:35AM

Quote:Wow, what a great lead image, Colin, that and the last one are my favourites today. Smile

JohnSmile



Thanks John

Yes v9 is an amazing place to stand ... just leaning on a railing by the roadside ... look to you right it's relatively calm ... look to your left ... well it speaks for itself!

Did you see the video I just added?

Colin Smile
dudler Plus
18 1.7k 1877 England
25 Apr 2020 11:20AM
Mod done - the lead needed some dodging - probably more than I've done, actually...

Impressive view.
25 Apr 2020 11:39AM

Quote:Mod done - the lead needed some dodging - probably more than I've done, actually...

Impressive view.



Yep ... good mod

Thanks Smile
25 Apr 2020 1:07PM
And you think I'm mad ! 🤪 Having viewed these excellent images and the video I have amended your contract to the effect that you and Laura are permanently excused from wing walking duties should that be your wish.
Yours, engine ticking over but still waiting for clearance, Cyril joystick. 🛩
25 Apr 2020 1:41PM

Quote:And you think I'm mad ! 🤪 Having viewed these excellent images and the video I have amended your contract to the effect that you and Laura are permanently excused from wing walking duties should that be your wish.
Yours, engine ticking over but still waiting for clearance, Cyril joystick. 🛩



You must be joking Cyril
I've already bought my piece of string and elastic band ready to strap myself to a Breitling (ooh matron!)
Yours in anticipation
W. Walker
25 Apr 2020 10:18PM
Oh Colin! How splendid! My hero!
Yours, accustomed to winging it, Gwendoline Fondant. 💋

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.