Kintsugi art

By ColleenA
Something completely different from me today. During our 272 days of draconian lockdown in Melbourne, which ended last night but still with restrictions, I took up various crafts to keep me sane.
One of them was Japanese Kintsugi ¬…the art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted with powdered gold mica. I had fun breaking and mending these.

Tags: Still life

Regatta Winter Sale - Up To 70% Off

Comments


RonDM Plus
7 258 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 8:30AM
Good repair job and great picture

Ron
30 Oct 2021 8:33AM
Beautifully done Colleen, a perfect arrangement!
I saw this in a movie recently, but can't remember which one! Smile
Tony
Jukka Plus
10 1 Finland
30 Oct 2021 8:36AM
Very good with the 3. SmileSmileSmile

Jukka
30 Oct 2021 9:05AM
I really, really like this!
ZenTony Plus
6 11 1 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 9:45AM
That is quite a delight Colleen.
And a touch of "Ikebana"
Tony
Buffalo_Tom Plus
15 2.3k 23 Wales
30 Oct 2021 9:57AM
Very talented, good work.
Tom
30 Oct 2021 10:41AM
Very artistic, nice work Colleen.Smile
30 Oct 2021 10:46AM
A nice composition here, Colleen.

John Smile
Nice work Colleen

David
dudler Plus
18 1.8k 1895 England
30 Oct 2021 11:20AM
30% of the UA is for the photo: the other 70% is for the art of the mending (and prior breaking...)
cooky Plus
18 6 6 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 12:47PM
What a great idea. You get out your frustration breaking and then feel a sense of resolution and joy in repairing!

The image is lovely Colleen!

Kath
Joline Plus
15 38 59 United States
30 Oct 2021 2:15PM
Beautifully done.
30 Oct 2021 2:23PM
A lovely imageÖ.we look forward to seeing more of your Kintsugi work 😊
TrevBatWCC Plus
13 13 19 England
30 Oct 2021 2:39PM
Wonderful creative work, Colleen 😃👍
Trev 😀
Chinga Plus
11 3 2 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 3:11PM
Beautiful work of art. Very eye pleasing image Colleen,
Isabel GrinGrinGrin
manicam 17 44 1 Canada
30 Oct 2021 3:18PM
Excellent composition and detailed presentation, Colleen

Sherman
JuBarney Plus
10 36 5 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 5:27PM
What a brilliant idea as it looks beautiful with a terrific presentation.
Ju
capto Plus
9 6.9k 27 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 5:57PM
How clever, I could manage the breaking part.Smile
ivor
30 Oct 2021 6:47PM
Fascinating. Great image.
30 Oct 2021 7:52PM
Thatís beautiful Colleen. What a relief lockdown has ended for you.

Karen
Lillian Plus
12 23 17 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2021 10:29PM
so beautiful with the gold
now to get out
and start getting back to how you enjoy life... even with the restrictions
ColleenA Plus
9 500 7 Australia
31 Oct 2021 5:24AM

Quote:so beautiful with the gold
now to get out
and start getting back to how you enjoy life... even with the restrictions


No Iíll be staying home. I have no where I need to go. I order everything online and prefer eating at home.
ddolfelin Plus
10 103 3 Wales
31 Oct 2021 6:32AM
Brilliant work Colleen!
BIGRY1 Plus
10 3 8 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2021 9:08PM
I have never seen broken plates look so good!Grin
1 Nov 2021 10:38PM
Fabulous Colleen ...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.