Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
I Need More Courage07/07/2008 - 2:41 PM
[And I don't mean the famous beer! I don't want Dutch courage, or liquid courage, after all. ]
Have you ever missed opportunities to take photographs because you lack courage? Join the club!
Yesterday I was talking to an acquaintance of mine and thought that she might make a really good model. Did I ask her? Guess...
And so, being in a self-reflective mood after letting another chance go, I made a mental list of the kinds of shots I have missed over the years simply because I lack courage:
- Interesting people on the street because I'm afraid they'll object to being photographed, or at the very least give me strange looks.
- Different parts of Skye, except the part where we were staying, because I didn't dare ignore my wife's aversion to single track roads.
- People who look like they might make good models, because I'm afraid they'll think I'm a dirty old man - whereas I would be perfectly happy to shoot them fully clothed.
- Interesting people at the airport, because I'm afraid airport police or security guards will object.
- Views from heights - for obvious reasons.
- Animals, because I don't know how they - or their masters - will react.
- Stunning views found along roads, because I'm afraid I'll get a ticket for parking where it's not allowed - or worse, because I'm afraid I'll cause an accident.
Assuming I would have taken several shots of each, this could run into the hundreds or even thousands! So ... does anyone know where I can buy some courage pills?