Views 645 Unique 360
Vote 108
Award Shortlist   
Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Comments


Richsr 12 91 223 England
20 Oct 2008 9:26AM
Can see why this is your favourite Dan - well lit and good tones too - well captured.
Regards Richard.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paddy 16 254 8 England
20 Oct 2008 9:27AM
love it, has a really great feel to it SmileP
MickyMc 11 8 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 9:28AM
Excellent
Mavis
Vilcens 11 39 3 Latvia
20 Oct 2008 9:29AM
Great, moody shot, excellent lighting. Love the inclusion of the barbed wire.
Coleslaw 13 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Oct 2008 9:33AM
Another good one.
zebraboy 14 197 Australia
20 Oct 2008 9:36AM
Nice shot, very cinematic!!
20 Oct 2008 10:20AM
Nicely done.
kaybee 15 6.5k 26 Scotland
20 Oct 2008 11:15AM
Nice, clean and deceptively simple shot
layts 12 2 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 11:34AM
magic stuff - love it

Layts
NEWMANP 11 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 12:48PM
good work, well controlled exposure,
Phil
DaveU 13 1.4k 125 England
20 Oct 2008 2:21PM
A class act Dan ... lighting, colours, pose, viewpoint and background all come together so well here.
ARJones 12 103 3 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 3:04PM
Great model and brilliantly lit but for me it is the urban background that makes the image. How did you control the light on this one?

Andy
20 Oct 2008 3:11PM
beautiful Dan. The slight colour feel of the jacket and hat, but still very much blending in with that bg that is almost devoid of all colour but very tranquil and very well chosen, and than that face popping up, colourfull but still not too contrasty. Love that slightly lower pov as well, and the girl gives a fab pose with that far away squint. Class work
pmorgan 12 217 13 England
20 Oct 2008 3:25PM
Great model, great image, well deserving of the EC!

Rgds
paul
edrhodes 14 547 12 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 3:50PM
Fine work Dan, much deserved award.

Ed..
clevercloggs 15 237 2 United Arab Emirates
20 Oct 2008 3:58PM
good photo, like the way the face is lit. despite the darkness the colours come out well
PatrickSmith 14 1.2k 2 United States
20 Oct 2008 4:09PM
So well thought out and the light is what makes it come together.

Patrick
Cormy 11 3 England
20 Oct 2008 4:17PM
Top line image.Congrats on well deserved EC.
Cheers
Alan
barrovian 14 168 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 4:26PM
This is just superb - from the look on the girls' face, to the bg barbed wire and lack of colour.


Peter
culturedcanvas 13 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 4:42PM
Thanks for the clicks, comments and EC Pete! Much appeciated ... have quite a few variants of this set up but this is probably my favourite shot.

Might upload another one or two though

Smile
DOGSBODY 10 1.4k 30 England
20 Oct 2008 6:05PM
The barbed wire fence and the look on the girl's face give a somewhat sinister edge to this picture. Andy
ashley 15 167 1 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2008 7:46PM
great lighting & colours

well done

Ash
MarkT 14 119 2 England
20 Oct 2008 10:12PM
Congrats Dan Smile

Mark.
LisaRose 12 172 4 United States
20 Oct 2008 10:21PM
Congrats on the award Dan. The POV works really well, and the lighting is just perfect, really well done.

Lisa
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
20 Oct 2008 11:35PM
nice one

this off-camera flash malarkey rocks!
Mjhearne 12 432 4 Scotland
21 Oct 2008 1:14PM
Great work again Dan!!!

Love the lighting!

Matthew
Possum 12 148 England
21 Oct 2008 2:18PM
This is wonderful - the perfect sky for a backdrop to this scene, fabulously lit and a great pose.
Allie
tony64 15 204 9 England
21 Oct 2008 7:20PM
This is just the sort of shot I like too! Great tones and lighting. Love the pose too!
Tony
wamp 13 276 8 England
21 Oct 2008 7:49PM
Cracking set up Dan, and again the lighting and expression is so very effective

Sean
carriebugg 15 65 England
23 Oct 2008 4:08PM
that's amazing
mhaseman 12 608 1
27 Oct 2008 5:26PM
Well done and congrats. Cheers, Martin
StevenPrice 14 30 2 England
29 Oct 2008 9:05PM
i love the way you have lit the model superb work m8.

Steve
Xxticy 11 1 United States
4 Nov 2008 6:02AM
Suberb tones in this one Dan. Really like the dark look to 90% of the picture and the proper lighting to the other 10%.

Nate

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.