Back Modifications (0)
Views 94 Unique 51 Award Shortlist   

Happiness is relative....

By devlin
This is the last of the images from my trip to Langa last year....the others are in my portfolio if anyone wants to take a look....any feedback is welcome as always...

Tags: Photo journalism General Black and white Portraits and people

Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Comments


almiles 10 38 102 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2013 7:13PM
What a great scene: staged yet a lot of spontaneity and life. Together yet all behaving so differently. Technically brilliant too with great exposure control and a background that gives context but not distraction.
vandalp 12
21 Feb 2013 7:48PM
Striking image. Love it.
Vanda
chase Plus
15 1.8k 442 England
21 Feb 2013 7:53PM
Lovely group of little 'uns,I just wish they were all looking at the camera....perhaps not possible,I wasn't there Wink
The white diagonal bit in the bg I find a little distracting..clone tool perhaps ? Try a bit of a crop from the bottom,as I scroll down it does put the kids in a better position.
A strong conversion which I like.
banehawi Plus
16 2.3k 4163 Canada
21 Feb 2013 8:35PM
This is your best shot Prabh for a long time. Its works well, great tonal range, and with the few tweaks as suggested its a winner.


Well done.


Willie
paulbroad 13 131 1289 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2013 10:19PM
What a pity. Super quality, super faces and all looking in different directions. They really do need to be looking at the camera. Was there a group of people about causing this? You need to get ready, then shout at them, shooting as they look. A trick to use at shows and so on, swallow your pride and bellow at them!

Paul
21 Feb 2013 11:36PM
An excellent shot, great tonal range.
Effrossini
devlin Plus
10 653 39 India
22 Feb 2013 5:03AM
Thx Guys - appreciate the feedback....
devlin Plus
10 653 39 India
22 Feb 2013 5:05AM

Quote:What a pity. Super quality, super faces and all looking in different directions. They really do need to be looking at the camera. Was there a group of people about causing this? You need to get ready, then shout at them, shooting as they look. A trick to use at shows and so on, swallow your pride and bellow at them!

Paul



The shot as you see it was intentional Paul Smile yes i could have gotten them all to look at the camera but i wanted to try something different....
mrswoolybill Plus
13 2.3k 2266 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 8:08AM
I spent over an hour last night trying on and off to post a comment, but couldn't due to lousy internet connection. So I saved it. It was:


Quote:Four totally different personalities. But they complement each other, they're not competing for attention. I prefer them not all looking at the camera, that would give a totally different picture; 'Me, look at me, it's about me...'
And what I like is that these are children who have not been trained from birth to grin at a camera, this is a special, exciting experience and they are revelling in it. Happiness is infectious.
Moira



I hope that you will understand from my efforts that I like this a lot!
paulbroad 13 131 1289 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 8:35AM
If you intended the pose, so be it, of course. To be satisfying for me, they need to be looking at the camera. The subjective bit.

Paul
devlin Plus
10 653 39 India
22 Feb 2013 11:18AM

Quote:I spent over an hour last night trying on and off to post a comment, but couldn't due to lousy internet connection. So I saved it. It was:

Four totally different personalities. But they complement each other, they're not competing for attention. I prefer them not all looking at the camera, that would give a totally different picture; 'Me, look at me, it's about me...'
And what I like is that these are children who have not been trained from birth to grin at a camera, this is a special, exciting experience and they are revelling in it. Happiness is infectious.
Moira

I hope that you will understand from my efforts that I like this a lot!



Wow..thanks Moira i couldn't have expressed it better myself...Smile thank you so much for taking the time and effort to comment on this...


Quote:
If you intended the pose, so be it, of course. To be satisfying for me, they need to be looking at the camera. The subjective bit.

Paul



Paul - absolutely appreciate your point of view....was just clarifying what my intent behind the shot was....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.