Although it may make some of us shudder in horror, this is a long term project with an, as yet, unrevealed ultimate objective. I took one totally beyond hope Pentax MG body that was destined for the scrap heap and placed it in a secluded corner of the garden. The idea started with just leaving it there and recording how it coped with the elements over a long period of time. Getting it to become part of its environment was the first objective.
We started at 20th May 2011
and are currently at 27th April 2012
You can see the full set of monthly images on my Facebook album. It actually took a good eight months or so before the camera started to "give in" to the elements, externally at least. It has now started to "bed in" with its surroundings and we are nearly ready for the second objective in my project. It's been planned for a long time, so I hope the pictures I eventually get will be worth it. I can tell you that it involves a very small hedgehog and I am hopeful that the picture I end up with will be exceedingly cute! At least the setting will be totally genuine, which is I think better than staging it with spray cobwebs.....
I'm a big fan of focusing the photographic mind with projects, but this is the longest one I have every contemplated.