Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
What a year!21/02/2010 - 9:35 AM
Thank you firstly to everybody that has been there to help me, there to support me, guide and give me tips. I can name at least 20 members of the site of the top of my head who have been very kind towards my exams, competition success and other things. I don't like to show off - and I am not, but I am just going to round of the events that have occurred since last May:
1. Winning the Times Spelling Bee (Times front page, BBC Breakfast, BBC One Show, Radio 5 Live, dinner with Gary Rhodes, meeting Ed Balls) Here is the link
2. Becoming Head Boy of St. Martins School in my final year
3. Being shortlisted for YPOTY
4. Getting into my secondary school Merchant Taylors with an invitation for a scholarship See here and also here The support from this has been incredible.
5. Being shortlisted for IGPOTY, and then finding out that I have came first in my category, which means I will be published in their annual book and also be hung up in the Kew Gardens gallery for 3 months
I am just going to thank a few members who I can think of now, there were a lot more: KarenFB (karen), fran_ash (fran), Mike Otley, Pete, Coleslaw (Cole), Cameracat (vince), andytvcams (andy), steve_eb (steve), twordley (trev), WildLight (joe), JJGEE (jeff), Sherlob (Adam), Lawbert (paul), LensYews, answersonapostcard (K.), bethanfromebbw(beth), brian1208, toonman(adam), dweezil (craig), NevP, Sus, Gaucho (malcolm), arhb (andrew), fraser, pennyspike (penny), Suziblue, Colin (colmar), Ganto (pat), BarrieHarwood, sidaorb, DonnaN, montechoro (barry), KathyW and Mynett (linda).
I am sorry if I have missed anybody off, but you have all been very helpful and I am extremely happy My latest achievement, number 5, is the best yet (apart from my two HCs) to do with photography, so I am very happy and cannot wait to go to Kew Gardens and see it