Views: 182 (74 Unique) 
Vote 52
Award Shortlist   

Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Comments


clicknimagine 7 221 88
20 Dec 2009 10:18AM
terrific work....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fraser 13 631 14 Scotland
20 Dec 2009 10:21AM
Beautifully handled low-key shot and good use of vignetting.
Fraser
Dan1984 7 1 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 10:25AM
Great shot, well done, regards, Dan
20 Dec 2009 10:42AM
WOW.

Scott
dmhuynh72 9 44 3 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 10:50AM
excellent light and tones
regards
Yung
20 Dec 2009 10:57AM
wonderful feel here
Gareth
baclark 7 3.7k 24 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 11:27AM
A wonderfully atmospheric shot, beautiful.
Barbara
andy_AHG 8 106 6 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 11:28AM
Beautiful light. Excellent image.

Andy
User_Removed 9 31 2 England
20 Dec 2009 11:35AM
Nice photo love the tree and the colours in the sky.

Keith
mudge Plus
14 366 75 England
20 Dec 2009 12:26PM
Great shot, except for the vapour trails! But it could be improved by cloning them out!
Also I'd be tempted to crop off the lh side to get rid of the telegraph pole, & then clone out the wires (or alternatively clone out the pole and wires)
Still a nice image though!
20 Dec 2009 12:34PM
Another beautiful image Jools - well done !

Chris
jools59 7 4 1 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 12:34PM

Quote:Great shot, except for the vapour trails! But it could be improved by cloning them out!
Also I'd be tempted to crop off the lh side to get rid of the telegraph pole, & then clone out the wires (or alternatively clone out the pole and wires)
Still a nice image though!



Do you think.?...I wasnt sure....I will do a varient later.....Thanks ...Jools
Eviscera 10 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 1:26PM
Chilly warm ! a lovely scene Jools.
20 Dec 2009 2:34PM
A beautiful image! Mabelle
kinfatric 12 550 9 Scotland
20 Dec 2009 2:59PM
a lovely spot of late light
mikbee 9 3 8 Scotland
20 Dec 2009 4:02PM
A good shot as ''taken as seen'' Jools.
As mudge says,you can ''tidy'' it up.
Depends on what you want your image to ''say'' !!
An accurate take?
Or a ''prettier'' take?
Mick.
Lillian Plus
7 22 17 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 4:53PM
No, I like the vapour trails, shows how cold it is
and the power lines and pole..thats all part of this 'great shot'!
it is in the country after all
Daisymaye Plus
8 23 10 Canada
20 Dec 2009 4:57PM
Lovely capture. Great sky and a chilly feel to it for sure........Sandy
20 Dec 2009 6:02PM
RC 4 u....
jools59 7 4 1 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2009 6:10PM

Quote:RC 4 u....


Thank you ...Jools Smile
Roly 9 Wales
20 Dec 2009 7:46PM
Fantastic image Jools.
morpheus1955 10 3 2 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2009 8:35AM
Beautiful shot, very well taken, it does look very cold though brrrrrrrrr, Have a great Christmas and new year.

Hugh
21 Dec 2009 2:36PM
your getting good at these !!!!!
jools59 7 4 1 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2009 2:45PM

Quote:Your getting good at these !!!!!



aww shucks...Wink ..thanks..J
andy210966 9 4 119 Wales
21 Dec 2009 3:41PM
Another lovely shot Jools - you are really getting there with this lens and that is great to see.

I actually like the vapour trails here as they add to interest in the sky and help to provide a lead for the sky and break up the blueness.

Yep, the sun moves quickly in the winter and you have done very nicely to capture what you have - a nicely exposed image, again, with good detail in the snow!

Well done.

Andy Wink
jools59 7 4 1 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2009 3:51PM

Quote:Another lovely shot Jools - you are really getting there with this lens and that is great to see.

I actually like the vapour trails here as they add to interest in the sky and help to provide a lead for the sky and break up the blueness.

Yep, the sun moves quickly in the winter and you have done very nicely to capture what you have - a nicely exposed image, again, with good detail in the snow!

Well done.

Andy



Thank you Andy ...Wink jools
AnneWorner 9 620 43 United States
21 Dec 2009 4:17PM
Actually, I love vapour trails and always look for them in the sky when I am photographing. I reckon this is one of those personal preference things Smile
Anne
jools59 7 4 1 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2009 4:19PM

Quote:Actually, I love vapour trails and always look for them in the sky when I am photographing. I reckon this is one of those personal preference things
Anne



Yes thank you Anne.....I much prefer the straight out the camera shot if at all possible......and agree with both Andy, Lillian and Mick....Jools Smile
SandraKay Plus
9 233 4 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2009 9:28PM
Didn't realise how many planes flew above our house until I saw the trails at weekend. Really like this one a lot.
Sandra
JamesH81 8 1 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2009 5:57PM
Agree with most comments on the vapour trails, they add some extra life to the image and as Andy mentioned they break up the sky.

Fantstic image, keep up the good work.

James

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.