St Athernase Church
is a Romanesque church located in Leuchars, Fife which remains in use as a Church of Scotland Parish Church.
The chancel and half-round apse date from the 12th century with the exterior featuring blind arcades with typical Norman arches. The church, dedicated to the little-known St Athernase, was granted by Ness, Lord of Lochore, to the canons of St Andrews in 1185. Around 1700 a belfry was added and in 1858 restoration was carried out to the nave.
richmowil, gwynn56, Trev_B and 14 more