Good evening. Thank you all for your attention to my photos . And the comments .
In 1449 between the Grand Duke Casimir and the Moscow Grand Prince Vasily the Dark was awarded a contract in which Moscow refused to eternal years of Smolensk and the Smolensk region . In 1508, became the center of Smolensk Smolensk province of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. However , at the Grand Prince Vasily III dispute over the west lands resumed. In 1510, in Moscow, was prisoedinenPskov , and from 1512 began to take , at first unsuccessful attempts to attach Smolensk .
In 1514 , standing under the walls of Smolensk Vasily III made a vow :
surrendered, July 31 Smolensk were sworn Prince of Moscow and 1 August , on the feast of ancient origin Precious and Life-giving Cross , the Grand Duke rode into "their patrimony ." Towards the prince came , led by Bishop Varsonofy , residents of Smolensk and made a miraculous icon of Smolensk .
Great Prince Vasily III has not forgotten his vow , and ten years later - May 13 ( May 26) in 1524 , in gratitude for the capture of Smolensk in 1514, he founded the great monastery Blessed Virgin Protectress of new nunnery with cathedral there in the name of the Smolensk icon .
The place was chosen for the monastery in the bend of the Moskva River, three miles from the Moscow Kremlin on the Virgin's Field , just where in 1456 the Muscovites said goodbye to the Smolensk icon.
For the service of the monastery Prince granted 3,000 silver rubles , the palace of the village , land and gave it a " police clearance certificates " that freed the monastery from taxes to the treasury.
On his command July 28 ( August 10) in 1525 from the Kremlin to "House of the Most Pure Odigitrii New Maiden Convent " procession , headed by Vasily III himself went imitropolit Daniel, was moved to Smolensk Icon of the Most Holy Mother of God. In memory of the transfer of the miraculous icon was installed annual celebration with a procession from the Kremlin to the Novodevichy Convent .
The base nunnery Vasily III coincides with his divorce case , so some researchers believe that the prince "remembered" on his vow for this purpose and the monastery was for the Grand Duchess Solomonia Aloetic .
September 4, 1505 Vasily Ivanovich married Solomon Aloetic . She was chosen at the review of the 500 brides maids presented to the court for this purpose from across the country (similar to the bride- bride to the Byzantine Emperors ) . After twenty years of marriage , Solomon has not given birth. Fearing that the sons of the brothers will be possible contenders for the throne , Basil forbade his brothers to marry until he had a son . In 1523, Vasily Ivanovich obtained permission to a second marriage , and in November 1525 the Grand Duchess had her hair cut in the Christmas monastery named Sofia.
Those who were against divorce Vassian Patrickeyev , Metropolitan Barlaam and St. Maxim the Greek were exiled , and the Metropolitan for the first time in Russian history was defrocked .
Tags: Photo journalism
Reflection Pond Tower Wall Brick Sky Trees Water Green
digital_boi, Kurt42, morpheus1955 and 19 more