Views: 50 (26 Unique) 
Vote 13
Award Shortlist   

Paska Easter Bread,

By pentaxpatty
Paska Easter bread, Kulich, Made this week as this bread is baked and iced in stages, a little like an Itailian Panetone The Christian faithful in many Eastern Christian countries eat this bread during Easter. Christian symbolism is associated with features of paska type breads. The inside of paska can be a swirl of yellow and white that is said to represent the risen Christ, while the white represents the Holy Spirit. Other versions include chocolate, rice, or even savoury mixtures based on cheese. A version is made with maraschino cherries added to symbolize royal jewels in honor of the resurrection of Jesus.

Tags: Specialist and abstract Chocolate Indoors Baking Easter time Pentax Kx Specialistand still life Easter Paska Bread Foodrabbits

Voters: RobertTurley, Mollycat, CarolAnnLauderdale and 10 more


Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Comments


Mollycat Plus
3 11 2 United Kingdom
19 Apr 2014 2:53PM
Think you must be feeding all of Yorkshire this weekend. Yet more gorgeous goodies Patricia.
Peter GrinGrinGrin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

19 Apr 2014 3:16PM

Quote:Think you must be feeding all of Yorkshire this weekend. Yet more gorgeous goodies Patricia.
Peter GrinGrinGrin

And some friends calling tonight, !!! I was never this busy when I worked full time ! GrinGrin I love it really GrinGrin

Thank you Peter
19 Apr 2014 3:30PM
Excellent image
19 Apr 2014 3:37PM

Quote:Excellent image
thank you Christine GrinGrin
mistere Plus
3 1 3 England
19 Apr 2014 4:28PM
A little yummy Easter treat, I like the sound of the savoury bread, cheesy bread always very nice mmmm.
Not sure about feeding all of yorkshire, looks like there's enough there to feed
at least one of the 5000 though (hint hint )SmileSmileSmileSmile.

Enjoy the weekend Patricia.
Dave.
ColleenA Plus
4 322 4 Australia
19 Apr 2014 4:47PM
Wow Patty, that looks so nice, what a nice display as well. An interesting description that I didn't know about . Your baking is amazing as usual. I will have to come and visit you in JuneGrin
mmmmm that looks nice lovely shot. christineGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
ali63 Plus
4 756 1 United Kingdom
19 Apr 2014 7:24PM
Looks so yummy GrinGrinGrin, hope my image doesn't find it's way to you TongueTongueBlushBlush

Ali
19 Apr 2014 9:37PM

Quote:A little yummy Easter treat, I like the sound of the savoury bread, cheesy bread always very nice mmmm.
Not sure about feeding all of yorkshire, looks like there's enough there to feed
at least one of the 5000 though (hint hint )SmileSmileSmileSmile.

Enjoy the weekend Patricia. hee hee not enough for 5000 but enough for one! this was it went in one go !GrinGrin
Quote:Wow Patty, that looks so nice, what a nice display as well. An interesting description that I didn't know about . Your baking is amazing as usual. I will have to come and visit you in JuneGrin

Quote:Mmmmm that looks nice lovely shot. christineGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Quote:Looks so yummy GrinGrinGrin, hope my image doesn't find it's way to you TongueTongueBlushBlush

Ali


Dave.

thank you to everyone, Ali your wasp was coming near ! buzzzzzz
20 Apr 2014 7:00AM
What an interesting narrative, Patty, the things one learns on EPZ...
The pastries look really delicious.
And I do like a chocolate bunny...Wink

Happy Easter, Patty.
Simon
20 Apr 2014 7:37AM

Quote:What an interesting narrative, Patty, the things one learns on EPZ...
The pastries look really delicious.
And I do like a chocolate bunny...Wink

Happy Easter, Patty.
Thank you Simon. Happy Easter. It's like an Italian panettone. Gone in a mouth full.Smile


Simon

nonur Plus
8 17 11 Turkey
20 Apr 2014 8:41AM
Great info and shot, my friend. Happy Easter to you both.
20 Apr 2014 9:05AM

Quote:Great info and shot, my friend. Happy Easter to you both.
Thank you so much dear Nezih, so kind of you , I appreciate your comments , keep well my dear Grin
Best wishes Patty
20 Apr 2014 10:26AM
I think that bunny will soon be going down a hole!
Excellent picture, Patty.
21 Apr 2014 12:11PM

Quote:I think that bunny will soon be going down a hole!
Excellent picture, Patty.

they all went down a hole !

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.