Back Modifications (5)
Views 68 Unique 28 Award Shortlist   

Cascade

By pptbudi
What do we expect when have flat dull light in real world XD, I don't know but I hope this camera can capture good enough

Tags: Nature Waterfall Cascade Wildlife and nature

ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

Comments


dudler Plus
16 896 1507 England
23 Jan 2017 3:20PM
I would be very surprised if hte camera wasn't up to it. Very surprised indeed.

However, technical choices matter, and so does technique - precisely how you use the kit.

For inastance, this shot depends on detail. An older f/1.2 lens will probably give a less sharp and less contrasty image than a more modern lens, and wil lbe harder to focus if you use anything but live view. If you then try to recover detail by sharpening in processing, you won't necessarily improve matters.

Can you please post an uncropped, unprocessed image at full out-of-camera resolution (the site will resie it to 2000 pixels on the long side. This - as posted - is only 1300 pixels high.

My mod used Nik Efex for a softer and richer look - it's not what i'd want to shoot if I was there, but it gets rid of the harshness that comes, I think, from sharpening.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
23 Jan 2017 5:27PM

Quote:I would be very surprised if hte camera wasn't up to it. Very surprised indeed.

However, technical choices matter, and so does technique - precisely how you use the kit.

For inastance, this shot depends on detail. An older f/1.2 lens will probably give a less sharp and less contrasty image than a more modern lens, and wil lbe harder to focus if you use anything but live view. If you then try to recover detail by sharpening in processing, you won't necessarily improve matters.

Can you please post an uncropped, unprocessed image at full out-of-camera resolution (the site will resie it to 2000 pixels on the long side. This - as posted - is only 1300 pixels high.

My mod used Nik Efex for a softer and richer look - it's not what i'd want to shoot if I was there, but it gets rid of the harshness that comes, I think, from sharpening.


I have that soft looks and glowing captured on f/1.2 on several shot on several images taken that day, almost looks a like, glowing and like dream scene, but not all the time even took at same place different timing several seconds, some glowing and some isn't, and yes I'm getting like to see the glowing result it's amazing effect and awesome just like dream Smile, Thank you for the beautiful modification my friend Smile
dudler Plus
16 896 1507 England
23 Jan 2017 6:25PM
The original file (Budi emailed it to me) seems very heavily sharpened - I think there's a camera setting that is a litlte out of kilter.

Can any Nikon users give Budi sime detail on how to alter this?
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
23 Jan 2017 6:28PM
Woooooow, it's very beautiful no dot on side, it's looks like painting and dream, thank you very much my friend
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
23 Jan 2017 6:30PM

Quote:The original file (Budi emailed it to me) seems very heavily sharpened - I think there's a camera setting that is a litlte out of kilter.

Can any Nikon users give Budi sime detail on how to alter this?



I set sharpness level to most right on my color profile and some setting I took from here nikonpc.com
banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4021 Canada
23 Jan 2017 10:12PM
I can confirm the camera settings for this image are all at default, so what going on here is entirely post processing.


What are you using for post processing? The file you sent to John has to be post processed from what I see.


Can you email it to me also wbaneham@gmail.com


Mod uploaded also with the major changes being white balacem exposure and less contrast and sharpness.



Regards



Willie
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
24 Jan 2017 4:27AM

Quote:I can confirm the camera settings for this image are all at default, so what going on here is entirely post processing.


What are you using for post processing? The file you sent to John has to be post processed from what I see.


Can you email it to me also wbaneham@gmail.com


Mod uploaded also with the major changes being white balacem exposure and less contrast and sharpness.



Regards



Willie



I give link for all pictures taken with all aperture they are are the real file I used to upload directly and I put some photo by phone my camera setting have on C-9 (Profile Color that I have made) for information about this custom color profile you can visit Nikonpc.com, if necessary I'll do Quick retouch on my camera with option 1, 2 or 3 but the file name will be change, I rename all the file based to aperture ring change used and kind of the lense thank you, the dropbox link :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3gkmyzhmqzmytr/AAC0edc3WHOODkhzqTlW17gRa?dl=0
Best Regard
Budi
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
24 Jan 2017 5:23AM
Oh almost forgot I also upload the macro spider it was retouch by my friend Gryluss Minimus, she's one of my friend and my favorite digital retouching artist from Romanian, I like what she always do with the color and some of my color profile setting based to her work (HSL), The spider is one of her retouching result and the original picture almost close to what Willie doing on modification.

Thank you very much, have a great day everyone and always thank you for the encourage and the precious lesson that you all give me Smile
mrswoolybill Plus
12 1.5k 2067 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2017 11:39AM

Quote:I set sharpness level to most right on my color profile

That would explain a lot, set it back to minimum and consider sharpening at the end of the editing process! If you start off with a heavily sharpened image, much of what you do subsequently in post-processing risks exaggerating all the bad aspects of sharpening.
banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4021 Canada
24 Jan 2017 1:34PM
Its not set to most right for this image Moira, its set to default which is recorded in the exif file.

Budi, Ive looked at the Nikon picture control settings link, - dont see anything marked C9. All are emulations of either film types or other camera profiles. In dropbox, none of the images have a profile that Photoshop can recognise or interpret. These profiles can also be used with any camera.

What is C9 intended to emulate or mimic? C9 has direct effect od sharpening, but is it high contrast it can. It doesnt affect white balance either, and in all images white balance appears not quite right.

Can you upload you next image without that C9 curve and NO changes at all so we have a place to start to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks


Willie
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
24 Jan 2017 1:58PM

Quote:
Quote:I set sharpness level to most right on my color profile

That would explain a lot, set it back to minimum and consider sharpening at the end of the editing process! If you start off with a heavily sharpened image, much of what you do subsequently in post-processing risks exaggerating all the bad aspects of sharpening.



Yes, I can do that using standard color profile, but it seem they all already sharpenned as well with different number Moira, I'll try to make one profile set to zero,

Thank you very much Smile

Budi
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
24 Jan 2017 2:03PM

Quote:Its not set to most right for this image Moira, its set to default which is recorded in the exif file.

Budi, Ive looked at the Nikon picture control settings link, - dont see anything marked C9. All are emulations of either film types or other camera profiles. In dropbox, none of the images have a profile that Photoshop can recognise or interpret. These profiles can also be used with any camera.

What is C9 intended to emulate or mimic? C9 has direct effect od sharpening, but is it high contrast it can. It doesnt affect white balance either, and in all images white balance appears not quite right.

Can you upload you next image without that C9 curve and NO changes at all so we have a place to start to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks


Willie


Wait I'll upload all the menu C-9 it mean position for the color profile number, you will see all the setting, I upload moment.

I just want to have good picture with like everybody took, great light capture live scene, how to explain, till I have one then I keep learning, but now I really like to have sharp images cause really hard to capture dramatic light here, we always have dull flat light.

Thank you, Willie sync soon, after typing this
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
24 Jan 2017 3:23PM
Woow, now I always confused with all the modification you all don, I got no such imagination on that, and for my friend Willie, I'll be very glad if I can have one very good picture like my father was taken, I'll upload the tool he used in upload section, perhaps you are all will familiar with that tools, no retouching at that time right and no digital at all, but some picture are so perfect and very well taken Smile, but I can't see his works again now cause something happen
banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4021 Canada
24 Jan 2017 5:13PM
Its good to READ the manual, and the first goal should be to understand the basic controls, and practice getting them right. Diving into very advanced options is the cameras menu is not a good idea at all unless youve mastered the basics. You are almost guaranteed to make mistakes.

What I have told you many times is NOT to use Manual mode, as have others. You sometimes have a lens you need to use manual mode with, but when you have non manual lenses, use Aperture priority, and remove ALL custom profiles so we can effectively help.

You are as if you are entering the Olympics to run the marathon, and trying to sprint all the way. Too fast to last the distance.

dudler Plus
16 896 1507 England
26 Jan 2017 10:43PM
There's wisdom there.

Learn a few basic moves, then do the really clever stuff later.

Once yo ucan walk, you can start thinking about how to run.

I really like the idea of stripping down al lthe custom stuff, and simply using the standard profile and Aperture priority. (Which is actually what i do most of the time myself...)
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
27 Jan 2017 1:44PM
Okay thank you very much, first I'should have some lenses first to use the Aperture priority and about removing all custom I'll try to do that, Thank you very much I found a picture, using Aperture Priority on this shot I'll upload it it's using 18-55 and f/18 I think beside shaking the sharpness not to strong

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.