Back Modifications (4)
Views 80 Unique 35 Award Shortlist   

Dancing in The Rain

By pptbudi
Moment capture, first day, street photography

Tags: Street Girl chilhood

Comments


cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 28 Northern Ireland
8 Jan 2017 8:54PM
Super candid 😁

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4018 Canada
8 Jan 2017 9:26PM
Good timon, nicely sharp where you need it, and shutter speed is ideal.


Closer crop, or longer lens makes it have a bit more impact. Slightly underexposed, mod shows the difference.



Regards


Willie
tonyguitar 7 75 37 Canada
9 Jan 2017 1:11AM
Crop the top 1/4 may work well. You caught the best expression of glee in this one. TG
nonur Plus
10 18 13 Turkey
9 Jan 2017 2:34AM
I agree. Cropping the top to make it square will enhance the impact of this lovely image. It works well in mono as well.
9 Jan 2017 7:20AM
Excellent off the cuff shot.

JohnSmile
Robert51 10 7 90 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2017 8:36AM
What a great shot and this is one of those times where getting the shot is the most important thing. Everything else can be played with later.

The mod like Willie said needed a little lightening and I have cropped to 7x5 and moved the subject over to the left. The wider shots allows you to play with this. I also added a little edge darkening. Hope you like it.

Robert
paulbroad Plus
12 127 1285 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2017 10:03AM
The content is truly excellent, but I'm totally with Willie. Needs to be a tighter crop and at least the lad a touch brighter. You are not quite getting your manual exposure right.

Paul
dudler Plus
16 893 1504 England
9 Jan 2017 11:28AM
I know it's a manual lens, so doesn't provide EXIF data. I'd be interested in the aperture you used...

I agree with the comments above.
9 Jan 2017 12:50PM
So cute. I love Robert51's mod. Great image. =)
pamelajean Plus
13 1.2k 2084 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2017 6:36PM
An excellent shot.

I, too, like Robert's modification because he has moved the child over to the left.
You placed her very centrally in your frame.
When you place the main subject at the dead-centre of your picture, it can feel dull, static and less interesting.
An off-centre subject is more pleasing and dynamic.

Pamela.
10 Jan 2017 12:36AM
Excellent shot ***** SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
10 Jan 2017 6:22AM
Wooow, I'm really surprised with all the respond and it's really makes me happy thank you very much to all of you, I have no good idea how to crop or make it more beautiful and all the modification made are excellent, I'm really really happy, thank you very much all
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
10 Jan 2017 6:24AM

Quote:Good timon, nicely sharp where you need it, and shutter speed is ideal.


Closer crop, or longer lens makes it have a bit more impact. Slightly underexposed, mod shows the difference.



Regards


Willie



Yes my friend, it's already evening and shutter quite high cause I want to freeze that water motion, but glad to use this vintage lenses, visibility still acceptable on high shutter evening Smile, and yes it's beautiful mod thank you
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
10 Jan 2017 6:26AM

Quote:I agree. Cropping the top to make it square will enhance the impact of this lovely image. It works well in mono as well.

Thank you very much yes I agree the mono give more impact and it's beautiful bnw, Thank you very much, I really appreciate it Smile
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
10 Jan 2017 6:28AM

Quote:What a great shot and this is one of those times where getting the shot is the most important thing. Everything else can be played with later.

The mod like Willie said needed a little lightening and I have cropped to 7x5 and moved the subject over to the left. The wider shots allows you to play with this. I also added a little edge darkening. Hope you like it.

Robert


Thank you very much, yes I like it, it's a beautiful modification and the happy face more see clearer and the water also seen very well, Thank you very much I really appreciate it Smile
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
10 Jan 2017 6:31AM

Quote:I know it's a manual lens, so doesn't provide EXIF data. I'd be interested in the aperture you used...

I agree with the comments above.



on this one I use f/ 2.8 my friend, don't want to missed the focus and want to have that motion as freeze as possible on AV I only can go 1/30 sec, so switch the lenses and quite happy with the result, Thank you very much Smile
dudler Plus
16 893 1504 England
10 Jan 2017 1:01PM
Thanks.

I'll add - f/2.8 is still risky for a shot of a moving subject with MF. I'd go for f/5.6, and focus on a place I knew the subject was going ot be moving past, like the edge of the kerb - then wait for her to get there.
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
10 Jan 2017 1:54PM

Quote:Thanks.

I'll add - f/2.8 is still risky for a shot of a moving subject with MF. I'd go for f/5.6, and focus on a place I knew the subject was going ot be moving past, like the edge of the kerb - then wait for her to get there.


yes I try that also but should move more close and all get wet to keep the background smooth, it's to clear for backgroun f/4 is better and very sharp but the water and blur background also not as good as f/2.8 and should decrease the shutter to make it brighter and the water not to good captured
dark_lord Plus
15 2.3k 582 England
10 Jan 2017 8:04PM
You've done a good job here.

It's perfectly fine to go for f/2.8. More chance that you get more rejects but the ones that work will make up for it. It is worth using smaller apertures, or at least considering them, in similar situations.
But I agree that the effects of shallow depth of field at f/2.8 are appealing. If you were to try f/5.6 for example you'd need ISO 400 to maintain the same shutter speed but that shouldn't be a quality issue with your camera.

Don't be afraid to crop. Not all images look best using the original frame's aspect ratio. Cropping is a basic but useful, or even essential, technique to learn and even basic and free software will allow this.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.