Back Modifications (2)
Views 84 Unique 43 Award Shortlist   

Tranquility

By pptbudi
The reason for doing solo hiking to this peak, to see and hear none, but this minimalist view, looks so good too bad if I missed it

Tags: Landscape Mountain Landscape and travel

ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

Comments


banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4021 Canada
27 Jun 2019 5:40PM
I cam almost hear the silence..


I would rotate it counter clockwise a little to get those radio towers vertical.

In the mod this is done, and Ive cropped space at the top, and used a warmer tone.


Well done.


Willie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dudler Plus
16 896 1505 England
27 Jun 2019 5:51PM
I'm intrigued by the EXIF. Presumably, some sort of fully-manual lens 1 second at 100 ISO, though? Were you hand-holding? If so, go higher with the ISO, and have a manageable shutter speed.

Willie's mod increases the calm and quiet. The masts need to be vertical.
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
27 Jun 2019 6:30PM

Quote:I cam almost hear the silence..


I would rotate it counter clockwise a little to get those radio towers vertical.

In the mod this is done, and Ive cropped space at the top, and used a warmer tone.


Well done.
Thank you very much for the mod, more detail coming, okay let me try to do that counter clockwise, but for other modification I don't think I know how to do that, hehehe


Willie

pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
27 Jun 2019 6:32PM

Quote:I'm intrigued by the EXIF. Presumably, some sort of fully-manual lens 1 second at 100 ISO, though? Were you hand-holding? If so, go higher with the ISO, and have a manageable shutter speed.

Willie's mod increases the calm and quiet. The masts need to be vertical.


Yes I'm using manual lenses with f.8 and I'm using tripod but perhaps little bit distraction from my shaking hand, was too cold
27 Jun 2019 6:38PM
Personally i would keep the cold blue balance, which I think is perhaps closer to what your eye would see, in misty conditions at altitude.
Just my opinion of course.
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
27 Jun 2019 6:50PM

Quote:Personally i would keep the cold blue balance, which I think is perhaps closer to what your eye would see, in misty conditions at altitude.
Just my opinion of course.


Thank you very much, Yes, I always try to have that as closer to what I saw that time and that manual lenses deliver nice color to the camera, even on vivid mode still looks bit desatured like standard one
dudler Plus
16 896 1505 England
27 Jun 2019 8:19PM
The thing to do is to use a cable release, or else set the 10-second timer o nthe camera, so that you aren't touching it when the shutter goes off.
mrswoolybill Plus
12 1.5k 2066 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2019 5:47PM
I'm a bit late here. It's a very difficult subject to capture, but it gives so much scope for the imagination.

I've uploaded a modification - mono with a hint of selenium toning because I definitely want that coldness; grainy effect because this is not entirely benevolent mist, it's raw and gritty; a spot of dehaze and lots of contrast.

Looking closely at the original there a lot of spots particularly on the right side of the frame. I think I got rid of most of them - I suspect that these are moisture on the lens, not dust on the sensor, but keep an eye on this.
Moira
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
13 Jul 2019 3:14PM

Quote:The thing to do is to use a cable release, or else set the 10-second timer o nthe camera, so that you aren't touching it when the shutter goes off.
I have the remote one it can be use isn't but I forgot to bring it that time Smile))
pptbudi 3 6 Indonesia
13 Jul 2019 3:23PM

Quote:I'm a bit late here. It's a very difficult subject to capture, but it gives so much scope for the imagination.

I've uploaded a modification - mono with a hint of selenium toning because I definitely want that coldness; grainy effect because this is not entirely benevolent mist, it's raw and gritty; a spot of dehaze and lots of contrast.

Looking closely at the original there a lot of spots particularly on the right side of the frame. I think I got rid of most of them - I suspect that these are moisture on the lens, not dust on the sensor, but keep an eye on this.
Moira


Yes my sensor already broken it's sighly visible if I am using f.8 or above the 2 curve on the left side and so many black spot at middle and upper right side, I love that mod it's looks like old camera and it gives more dramatic effect to the picture, thank you very much and I also thought same, I take some more shot with different lense
dudler Plus
16 896 1505 England
13 Jul 2019 10:04PM
Sensor cleaning is easy - and not costly if you get someone else to do it for you...

Just make sure that you use the right equipment, not ordinary cleaning stuff.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.