Back Modifications (0)
Views: 121 (59 Unique)  Award Shortlist   

Sunset 1

By rbai2007
A fisherman returning at dusk.
Taken in Ancud, Chiloe, Chile

Tags: Landscape and travel Sunset boat fisherman sky clouds

Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Win prizes, kudos, recognition! Enter AOP prestigious Photography Awards before 7 August
This photo is here for critique. Please only comment constructively and with suggestions on how to improve it.

Comments


MalkyG 7 11 Scotland
5 Aug 2010 12:38AM
Wow,look at that sky,stunning.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 Aug 2010 12:55AM
It's an amazing shot. Very vibrant colours. Water looks like gold. Better if the shininess is less so that the subjects will be more visible, especially the boat and the birds.
Well done.
User_Removed 8 26 2 United States
5 Aug 2010 12:56AM
What dramatic colors! Wonderful!
Christina
Beautiful image, wonderful sky with amazing light & colour

Chris
5 Aug 2010 1:49AM
Lovely composition but a little less saturation. I know were in the digital age but they arnt photographs,thats where it all started.JT
love it
VIKI 10 18 1 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2010 7:08AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davesumner 9 28 300 Australia
5 Aug 2010 7:43AM
Ricardo,

Don't know why you've put this in the critique area as I can't really see what there is to critique, it is just a stunning image.

Dave
5 Aug 2010 12:15PM
Fabulous.
Steve-T 9 53 66 England
5 Aug 2010 6:36PM
Welcome to EPZ by the way. I think the critique gallery is a good place to start on epz. This image is a bold interpretation of sunset - so I guess it will attract views about the difference between purist photography and digital art. It clearly exaggerates reality but it is very compelling. I like the shape of the clouds both light and dark but the positioning of the birds in flight makes it exceptional. I am not worried about the positioning of the boat as the highlighted wake starts in exactly the right place in this image. Also the boat is positioned perfectly to benefit from the reflected highlight behind it. All in all the image conjures an atmosphere and mood that is very appealing. Personally I am not bothered about strong colours, the use of software enhancements etc when it adds to the overall image. It would be great to see the original though in order to really make that judgement. Hope to see more of your work. Steve.
5 Aug 2010 6:39PM

Quote:Ricardo,

Don't know why you've put this in the critique area as I can't really see what there is to critique, it is just a stunning image.

Dave


Hi Dave, I consider very interesting the possibility of exchanging opinions and criticisms about our work.
That does not learn and progress in our photo.
Greetings and many thanks for your comments.
5 Aug 2010 6:48PM

Quote:Welcome to EPZ by the way. I think the critique gallery is a good place to start on epz. This image is a bold interpretation of sunset - so I guess it will attract views about the difference between purist photography and digital art. It clearly exaggerates reality but it is very compelling. I like the shape of the clouds both light and dark but the positioning of the birds in flight makes it exceptional. I am not worried about the positioning of the boat as the highlighted wake starts in exactly the right place in this image. Also the boat is positioned perfectly to benefit from the reflected highlight behind it. All in all the image conjures an atmosphere and mood that is very appealing. Personally I am not bothered about strong colours, the use of software enhancements etc when it adds to the overall image. It would be great to see the original though in order to really make that judgement. Hope to see more of your work. Steve.


Thank you so much for your comments and welcome Steve ..!
I also think that the PS and its surroundings are just collaboration tools for better photography.
I have over 45 years in photography and I have many "vices" of classicism in photographic aesthetics. For over 20 years I am trying to break free of these shackles imposed by the composition and the whole conservative technique. I think I'm getting there.
Best Regards ...
Ricardo
Philo Plus
6 99 83 England
5 Aug 2010 8:27PM
Welcome Ricardo, what a start! This is an absolutely stunning sky in a wonderful composition finished nicely with the boat and birds. When digital manipulation yields this kind of result then it is fully justified.
Great work, keep it up, I can't wait to see more.
Phil
5 Aug 2010 8:36PM

Quote:Welcome Ricardo, what a start! This is an absolutely stunning sky in a wonderful composition finished nicely with the boat and birds. When digital manipulation yields this kind of result then it is fully justified.
Great work, keep it up, I can't wait to see more.
Phil



Thank you very much for the welcome, Phil! I hope to show work at the level of those seen on this page.
Best Regards.
Ricardo
Jestertheclown 7 7.3k 249 England
5 Aug 2010 11:41PM
Hi Ricardo.
And welcome to Epz.
Not much more to be said really.
A superb image and a wonderful start to your time here. I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers,
Jester.
dEOSnnis70 6 19 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2010 4:54PM
Stunning!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.