Views 76 Unique 42
Vote 32
Award Shortlist   

Old Cutie.

By Tooma
Back at the marina in Tarbert, Argyll and Bute, for a look at this lovely old boat. Based on a similarly styled craft I have sailed in a couple of times, I reckon this cutie was built in the 50's, and is still being enjoyed.

We have two "Tarberts" in Scotland; this one, and the other is on the Isle of Harris, way up north. There is Tarbert Loch on the island of Jura.

Tags: Photo journalism Harbour Scenic Marina Tarbert Landscape and travel vintage boat East Tarbert Loch

Voters: SauliusR, DicksPics, Badgerfred and 29 more

Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

Comments


24 Jun 2018 12:11AM
The detail is exceptionally good, Tom.
A well composed image with excellent depth of colour and good contrast.

RichardSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tonyguitar Plus
8 77 37 Canada
24 Jun 2018 12:24AM
Similar but much nicer than my old lobster boat of the 1960s. What a pleasant and not too complicated place to live. Looks like my ideal retirement haven. TG
Good details & colours ...a good capture
Tooma Plus
4 2.0k 2 Scotland
24 Jun 2018 12:39AM

Quote:Similar but much nicer than my old lobster boat of the 1960s. What a pleasant and not too complicated place to live. Looks like my ideal retirement haven. TG

A very favourite place for my wife and I, Tony. All the locals I have met are pleasant and welcoming too; they don't even have yellow lines and parking restrictions on their roads. If you see a space - park. That alone, I find welcoming.
tonyguitar Plus
8 77 37 Canada
24 Jun 2018 1:45AM
That sounds so good Tom. No undue stress. Now I wonder how far my skinny
pension would go in your economy. Our dollar is about 75% of the U.S. dollar../ TG
Tooma Plus
4 2.0k 2 Scotland
24 Jun 2018 1:54AM

Quote:That sounds so good Tom. No undue stress. Now I wonder how far my skinny
pension would go in your economy. Our dollar is about 75% of the U.S. dollar../ TG


There's more, Tony. Every year they have a Sea-food Festival, a Music Festival, and a Classic Boats Festival. I've been to the Music Festival - a right mix of really good to not so good, but I loved every minute of it. Great atmosphere in the town. I did take a guitar, of course, and had a good jam session in one of the hotels. Here is a vid I made of The Keelies - not the best, but a well liked popular band at the festivals. https://youtu.be/Aldwqg8TLPo
taggart Plus
15 47 14 United States
24 Jun 2018 2:16AM
OH, My-- The boat would be a lovely place for a sort of retirement play---and the town sound wonderful as well!
tonyguitar Plus
8 77 37 Canada
24 Jun 2018 2:19AM
Hey; That was a fun session. The Keelies have a good one. If they were playing more often, every second night say, that song could becom a power - stomping dance number. I liked the simple but effective intro too. TG
Tooma Plus
4 2.0k 2 Scotland
24 Jun 2018 2:34AM

Quote:Hey; That was a fun session. The Keelies have a good one. If they were playing more often, every second night say, that song could becom a power - stomping dance number. I liked the simple but effective intro too. TG

Glad you enjoyed it, Tony. The song is a classic from the Bay City Rollers repertoire in the 70s. It was a sizeable hit, followed by several more. The outfits were mad Scottish tartan inspired fun. Here is the original. The intro is A-Ab-G-Ab-A and into bluesey rock chug. https://youtu.be/ytii7-bUxuk
tonyguitar Plus
8 77 37 Canada
24 Jun 2018 3:09AM
Beeen playing along but must cool it so the neighbours don't complain. I played the intro as A ab d7 and back. Song can sound so good, yet so easy so makes it a quick learn. Just re-discovered Venus,...the song. What fun!!....Em...B7.TG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPEhQugz-Ew
Tooma Plus
4 2.0k 2 Scotland
24 Jun 2018 3:25AM

Quote:Beeen playing along but must cool it so the neighbours don't complain. I played the intro as A ab d7 and back. Song can sound so good, yet so easy so makes it a quick learn. Just re-discovered Venus,...the song. What fun!!....Em...B7.TG
Hey - I remember Bananarama doing that song - this is better - more energy, and her delivery is better. Crying out for chord inversions for one guitar. Smile

24 Jun 2018 11:36AM
wow now I could live on a boat like that.
Gail
Chinga Plus
9 3 2 United Kingdom
24 Jun 2018 1:45PM
Beautiful boatabilia image
Isabel GrinGrin
tonyguitar Plus
8 77 37 Canada
24 Jun 2018 4:06PM
The more I see this ideal marine setting, the more I like it. TG
Tooma Plus
4 2.0k 2 Scotland
24 Jun 2018 4:29PM

Quote:Beautiful boatabilia image
Isabel GrinGrin

Thanks Isabel. I posted a shot a few days ago with lots more boats in it - I gave you a mention too. Check out, "Boats-A-Plenty". Grin
af1 7 United Kingdom
24 Jun 2018 8:08PM
ice shot of the MFV conversion and view,,..Grin
25 Jun 2018 11:42AM
Superb capture of this stunning location Tom
Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.